Zesty and creamy, this luxurious soup is perfect to start off any great meal.
6 red bell peppers
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 package Sonny & Joe’s® Hot Enough Hummus
1 6-oz can of tomato paste
1 cup heavy cream OR non-dairy alternative
such as Almond Breeze or Soymilk
Bouquet Garni: Fresh thyme, rosemary, bayleaf.
- Roast peppers until skin darkens. Peel, seed and chop.
- Heat oil in saucepan, saute onion until soft.
- Add red pepper, stock, bouquet garni, let simmer for 20 minutes, remove from heat, discard bouquet garni.
- In food processor, combine hummus, tomato paste, cream or non-dairy substitute. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add to soup and cook for at least 10 more minuets, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with reserved hummus and thyme sprig.